Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DSAG April Notebook...

I am having so much fun with this month's notebook. There is an article about free style layouts and another one about black and white layouts with a hint of color. Here are two layouts that I have made based on the articles and using this months Guild kit.

The first layout was also part of a challenge to use the word begin. The word begin reminded me of this sunrise picture I was fortunate to take. I say fortunate because I am not a morning person so I don't generally get the thrill of seeing such a spectacular site.

For my black and white layout, I used this photo of my husband with our son's new dog Mandy. We have really been enjoying Mandy and we get to babysit her when my son works 48 hour shifts. I used FotoFusion to create this layout. I converted the photo to B&W in FotoFusion and adjusted the brightness, gamma and contrast to attempt a more high key appearance. I used the April guild kit for papers and elements. The damaged canvas and the black border come with FotoFusion.

1 comment:

ccynden said...

Both of these layouts are fantastic, and new day beginning is breathtaking.