Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy Easter

Egg-Colored

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Happy Everything!

We are looking forward to going to Charlie and Lindsey’s house for Easter dinner. I am going to take my niece Tammy’s carrot cake. Such a treat after dieting for over a month and a half. But I will only have a sliver of a piece. Just enough to say ooohhh that was yummy!

Tammy’s Carrot Cake

Ingredients:

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 ½ cups oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tsp. soda
  • 1 8oz. crushed pineapple including juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 ½ cups chopped nuts
  • 1 cup raisins cut up
  • 3 cups coarsely grated carrots

Directions:

Beat eggs until thick. Add oil gradually. Beat well. Sift all dry ingredients and add to egg and oil mixture. Add pineapple and juice. Add vanilla, nuts, raisins, and carrots. Bake 350 for 50-60 minutes in a 13x9 inch pan.

Frosting:

  • 1 8 ounce cream cheese at room temperature.
  • 1 cube (½ cup) butter or margarine
  • 1 box powdered sugar
  • ½ tsp vanilla

Beat until spreading consistency. Frost cake when cool.

 

 


 

4 comments:

tkl said...

Hi Canay, this has nothing to do with the recipe - however is concerning LOM. I found a link to your templates for title/section pages from Apr 09 and since I just recently began to do digital SB pages I would love to have these templates. I emailed you last yr. re how much I liked your pages! When I go to your link - an error is shown. Do you think you could repost that link? I would appreciate that! Thanks! Lallyscrap

Canay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Canay said...

Sorry the link is no good anymore. I have them stored at Media fire now. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyhtndkjkmw/Canay_LOM-Page-Templates.zip

I will gladly post a link to the templates on my blog next week. Probably Monday or Tuesday.

tkl said...

Thank you so much!!!!! Ive successfully downloaded the files now and am looking forward to using these as well! Loved them last year and so happy I waited to do these pages! I took the JSprague beginner class for digital and am loving it! Lallyscrap